Abstract

The purpose of this research and development blog is to reflect the process and quality development of my final product. Documenting all of my relevant and useful research and providing evidence supporting my skill development, this includes still renders, videos such as screen recordings, time lapse videos, blog posts and imagery for inspiration such as mood boards, in addition to written evidence.

The blog contains all relevant information on the project; Serenity: Complete workflow for an Unreal Engine scene. The aim of my artifact is to build a digital meditation space and create a sense of zen and relaxation.

It introduces the project by identifying the artistic and technical intentions. The blog also contains a list of all of the software required to build the finished artifact, in addition to the research in specific sectors and case studies, inspiring my project.

The blog contains full technical and artistic evidence of the creation of each section of the project such as concept development, 3D modeling, texturing and working in the Unreal Engine.

Lastly, it concludes with the finished artifact, an evaluation, reflection and the full list of references and a Glossary of Terms.